The Yousician bass syllabus aims to cover everything a modern well-rounded bassist needs. It can guide you step by step, but also lets you focus on what's important to you.
You'll move through the syllabus by completing missions. Missions are groups of songs, video tutorials, and drills that help you master the skill you should learn.
We've grouped the missions into paths:
- In the playing path you'll learn songs and techniques. We'll cover fretting, plucking, riffing, walking bass lines, and more.
- In the knowledge path you'll learn how music works, and develop your hearing. These skills will help you pick up songs by ear and jam along with others.
We recommend that you to play all paths to become a well balanced bassist. Of course, you can change paths at any time, moving between them in your own pace.
We've also grouped the missions into difficulty levels:
- Level 0 is for complete beginners with no experience.
- By level 5 you will have a strong foundation in playing basslines to lots of popular songs and styles.
- By level 9 you will be able to play a large variety of styles and songs with demanding speed and technique.
At the end of each level there is a skill test to make sure you've mastered the missions. Experienced players can take these skill tests right away to jump ahead to higher levels.