The Yousician bass syllabus aims to cover everything a modern well-rounded bassist needs. It can guide you step by step, but also lets you focus on what's important to you.
We've grouped the missions into paths:
- In the Playing path you learn songs and techniques. We cover fretting, plucking, riffing, walking bass lines, and more.
- In the Knowledge path you learn how music works, and develop your hearing. These skills help you pick up songs by ear and jam along with others.
We recommend that you play both paths to become a well balanced bassist. You can of course change paths at any time, moving between them at your own pace.
We've also grouped the missions into difficulty levels:
- Level 0 is for complete beginners with no experience.
- By level 5 you have a strong foundation in playing basslines to lots of popular songs and styles.
- By level 9 you are able to play a large variety of styles and songs with demanding speed and technique.
At the end of most levels you find a mission called Try to unlock level. These are Skill tests you can use to ensure you have learned the techniques taught thus far. Experienced players can take these skill tests right away to jump ahead to higher levels.