Practice mode can be accessed by clicking/ tapping Practice button on the song screen. Play mode is accessed by clicking/ tapping Play button on the song screen.
- Practice at your own speed with as many tries as you need to master the song
- Slow down songs or loop specific song parts by moving the arrows to improve your skills
- Hear what it sounds like by using the synthesizer (toggle on Play for me)
- Improve your speed with the Auto-speed function
- Toggle on Loop lead-in feature for a one bar count in at restart to a song
- Play as well as you can to advance to the next task
- Complete tasks to progress in the game
The amount of 'lives' or 'tries' you have when playing the full song in Play mode is shown in the top left corner of the screen, e.g. 3x, 4x.
If a note is played incorrectly the number goes down, and if the app consistently fails to recognise the sounds played, you will need to try the song again. If you consistently play notes correctly the app adds 'lives' for you up to 5x.
The note colors indicate which finger to use for playing the single note (e.g. yellow means the pointer finger is supposed to be used). Chord blocks have different colors to make it easier to visually separate them from each other. Chord colors do not correspond with the finger color codes.
The line on the bottom of the screen is a progress bar showing your position in a song.