Yousician bass works with any real 4-string instrument. You can use acoustic, electric and electroacoustic bass in standard tuning.
If you are having problems with recognition, check these tips to troubleshoot. They are listed in order. Start with the first one and if it doesn’t help, continue to the next one.
- Make sure your bass is tuned with the in-app tuner. If you tune your bass with a different tuner, you may have recognition issues in Yousician.
- Check that the app volume or background noise is not too loud. Try connecting wired headphones, without a built in microphone, to your device.
- Make sure you have allowed Yousician to access your device microphone:
- Double check your bass set up.
- Check Advanced audio settings option under Settings → Game tab. Ensure your device microphone shows green under Input device.
- For Android devices, try re-calibrating audio. You can also lower the buffer size and change audio engines to Android Audio. These options are available under Advanced audio settings in the Settings → Game tab.
- If you are using an audio interface, check that you have chosen it as Input device. You can do so from the Advanced audio settings option in the Settings → Game tab.
- Try turning off effects on your electric bass as these can affect recognition. Use as clear sound as you can to get the best recognition.
- Check your PC/Mac microphone input as it could be too low.
If you continue to have recognition issues, get in touch with our Support team. You can do so by selecting the Contact support link below.