Practice mode can be accessed by clicking/ tapping Practice on the song start screen. Play mode is accessed by clicking/ tapping Play.
- Practice at your own speed to master the song. Adjust the tempo yourself or use the Auto-speed function.
- The bottom of the screen includes the progress bar showing your position in a song. Loop specific song parts by moving the arrows to improve your skills.
- Hear what it sounds like by using the synthesizer (toggle on Play for me).
- Toggle on Loop lead-in feature for a one bar count in at restart.
- Play as well as you can to advance to the next task.
- Complete tasks to progress in the game.
The amount of 'lives' or 'tries' you have, when playing the full song in Play mode, is shown in the top left corner, e.g. 3x, 4x.
If a note is played incorrectly, the number goes down, and if the app consistently fails to recognise the sounds played, you will need to try the song again. If you consistently play notes correctly the app adds 'lives' for you up to 5x.