Practice mode can be accessed by clicking/ tapping "Details" button on the song screen. Play mode is accessed by clicking/ tapping "Full song" button on the song screen.
- Practice at your own speed with as many tries as you need to master the song
- Slow down songs or loop specific song parts to improve your skills
- Hear what it sounds like by using the synthesizer ('play for me' toggle)
- Improve your speed with the Auto-speed function
- Play as well as you can to advance to the next task
- Complete tasks to progress in the game
The amount of 'lives' or 'tries' you have when playing the full song (not in practice mode) is shown in the top left corner of the screen, e.g. 3x, 4x with the dots underneath.
If a note is played incorrectly the number goes down, and if the app consistently fails to recognise the sounds played, you will need to try the song again. If you consistently play notes correctly the app adds 'lives' to you up to 5x.
The note's color indicates which finger to use for playing the single note (e.g. yellow means the pointer finger is supposed to be used). Chord blocks have different colors to make it easier to visually separate them from each other. Chords' colors do not correspond with the finger color codes.
The line on the bottom of the screen is a progress bar showing your position in a song.