You can access Practice mode by selecting Practice on the song start screen, and Play mode by selecting Play. You can also toggle between the two modes from the in-song Pause menu.
- To hear what the chord/fret sounds like, toggle on Play for me to use the synthesizer.
- Metronome adds a steady beat to the song. This enables you to maintain the song tempo while practicing.
- Toggling on Mute song silences the backing track.
- When Loop lead-in is on, you get a one bar count in at restart.
- Practice at your own speed to master the song. Adjust the tempo yourself or use the Auto tempo feature.
- The bottom of the screen includes the progress bar showing your position in a song. Loop specific song parts by moving the arrows to improve your skills.
- Play as well as you can to advance to the next task.
- Complete tasks to progress in the syllabus.
The amount of 'lives' or 'tries' you have starts at 3x when you play a song, or a section in a song. It is visible in the top left corner in Play mode
The number goes down or up depending on how you play. If you consistently play notes correctly, the app adds 'lives' for you up to 5x.