Yousician guitar works with any real 6-string instrument. You can use acoustic, electric and electroacoustic guitar in standard tuning.
If you are having problems with recognition, check the following tips to troubleshoot:
- Make sure you tune your guitar with the in app tuner. If you tune it with a different tuner, Yousician might not recognize you play.
- Check that the app volume or background noise is not too loud. Try connecting wired headphones, without a built in microphone, to your device.
- Make sure you have allowed Yousician to access your device microphone:
- Double check your guitar set up.
- Check Advanced audio settings option under Game settings tab. Ensure your device microphone shows green under Input device.
- For Android devices, try re-calibrating audio. You can also lower the buffer size and change audio engines to Android Audio. These options are available under Advanced audio settings in the Game settings tab.
- If you are using an audio interface, check that you have chosen it as Input device. You can do so from the Advanced audio settings option in the Game settings tab.
- Try turning off effects on your electric guitar as these can affect recognition. Use as clear sound as you can to get the best recognition.
- Check your PC/Mac microphone input as it could be too low.
- If you have tuned your guitar with the in app tuner, and have trouble with chord recognition, check the following articles for further troubleshooting:
If you continue to have recognition issues, get in touch with our Support team. You can do so by selecting the Contact support link below.