Yousician guitar works with any real 6-string guitar, be it acoustic, electric or electroacoustic, in standard tuning.
If you are encountering issues with recognition, please check the following for troubleshooting:
- If your guitar is tuned to an alternate tuning, unfortunately Yousician will not recognize you play. Please use standard tuning and tune your guitar with the in app tuner to ensure Yousician hears you play.
- Please check in app under Settings → Game → Audio setup → Advanced settings that device microphone, or audio interface if used, is chosen and highlighted green. Please also double check your instrument set up. Additionally, make sure that you've enabled access to the microphone of your device:
- If using a mobile device, you should try reinstallation by deleting the app, rebooting your device and reinstalling Yousician.
- Please check that the background music is not too loud. Alternatively you can use headphones without a built in microphone.
- Try turning off effects on your electric guitar as these can affect recognition; please use as clear signal as you can to get the best recognition.
- Your microphone input could be too low. Please double check your microphone input
- If your guitar is plugged in to your device but you can not hear yourself play, please toggle on the Mixer feature from the Pause menu.
- If your guitar is tuned with the in app tuner and you are having trouble with chord recognition please check the following articles for further troubleshooting: