Yousician piano is designed for an 88 key instrument but a 61 key instrument should be enough to make the most out of Yousician. You can use any acoustic or electric piano, as well as MIDI-keyboards without built-in sound modules.
If you encountering issues with recognition, check the following for troubleshooting:
- If your piano is tuned to a different individual tuning, unfortunately Yousician might not recognize you play. Please use standard piano tuning and check that it is properly recognized on the calibration screen to ensure Yousician hears you play.
- Please check in app under Settings → Game → Audio setup → Advanced settings that device microphone, or MIDI connection if used, is chosen and highlighted green. Please also double check your instrument set up. Additionally, make sure that you've enabled access to the microphone of your device:
- If using a mobile device, you should try reinstallation by deleting the app, rebooting your device and reinstalling Yousician.
- Please check that the background music is not too loud. Alternatively you can use headphones without a built in microphone.
- Turn off effects on your keyboard as these can affect the recognition; please use as clear signal as you can to get the best recognition.
- Your microphone input could be too low. Please double check your microphone input
- If your piano is plugged in to your device and you would like to adjust the volume, please toggle on the Mixer feature from the Pause menu.