Yousician ukulele works with the most common 4-string ukuleles, concert and soprano in standard tuning.
If you are encountering issues with recognition, please check the following for troubleshooting:
- If your ukulele is tuned to an alternate tuning, unfortunately Yousician will not recognize you play. Please use standard tuning and tune your ukulele with the in app tuner to ensure Yousician hears you play.
- Please check in app under Settings → Game → Audio setup → Advanced settings that device microphone, or audio interface if used, is chosen and highlighted green. Please also double check your instrument set up. Additionally, make sure that you've enabled access to the microphone of your device:
- If using a mobile device, you should try reinstallation by deleting the app, rebooting your device and reinstalling Yousician.
- Please check that the background music is not too loud. Alternatively you can use headphones without a built in microphone.
- Try turning off effects on your electric ukulele as these can affect recognition; please use as clear signal as you can to get the best recognition.
- Your microphone input could be too low. Please double check your microphone input
- If your ukulele is plugged in to your device but you can not hear yourself play, please toggle on the Mixer feature from the Pause menu.