Yousician ukulele works with 4-string concert and soprano ukuleles, in standard tuning.
If you are having problems with recognition, please go through the following steps to troubleshoot:
- Make sure your ukulele is tuned with the in app tuner. If your ukulele is tuned with a different tuner, Yousician might not recognize you play.
- Check that the app volume or background noise is not too loud. Try connecting wired headphones, without a built in microphone, to your device.
- Make sure you have allowed Yousician to access your device microphone:
- Double check your ukulele set up.
- For Android devices, try re-calibrating audio. You can also lower the buffer size and change audio engines to Android Audio. The options are available under Advanced settings in Game settings tab.
- Ensure your device microphone is highlighted green under Input device. You can check this under the Advanced settings option in Game settings tab.
- If you are using an audio interface, check that it is chosen as Input device. You can do so under the Advanced settings option via the Game settings tab.
- Try turning off effects on your electric ukulele as these can affect recognition; please use as clear signal as you can to get the best recognition.
- Your microphone input could be too low. Please double check your microphone input
- If your ukulele is tuned with the in app tuner and you are having trouble with chord recognition please check the following article for further troubleshooting:
If you still have recognition issues, please get in touch with our customer support team by clicking the Submit request link below.