The Yousician guitar syllabus aims to cover everything a modern well-rounded guitarist needs. It can guide you step by step, but also lets you focus on what's important to you.
You'll move through the syllabus by completing missions. These are groups of songs, video tutorials, and drills that help you master a skill you need to know.
We've grouped the missions into paths:
- In the lead path you'll play melodies and solos. It covers picking, legato, bending, speed, and more.
- In the rhythm path you'll play accompaniment. It covers chords, strumming, riffs, fingerpicking, and more.
It's best to play both paths if possible, but you can move between them as much as you like.
We've also grouped the missions into difficulty levels:
- Level 0 is for complete beginners with no experience.
- By level 5 you'll have the skills to pick up lots of popular songs with chords, riffs, and melodies.
- By level 10 you'll be able to master most songs with barre chords, fingerpicking, and solos.
- By level 15 you'll be playing at a virtuoso level, able to tackle anything you want to play.
At the end of each level is a skill test to make sure you've mastered the missions.
Experienced players can take these skill tests to jump ahead to higher levels