The Yousician guitar syllabus aims to cover everything a modern well-rounded guitarist needs. It can guide you step by step, but also lets you focus on what's important for you.
We've grouped the missions into paths:
- In the Lead path you play melodies and solos. It covers picking, legato, bending, speed, and more.
- In the Knowledge path you learn about musical alphabet, fretboard, keys & grooves. You also get a chance to develop your hearing with "Ear trainers".
- In the Rhythm path you play accompaniment. It covers chords, strumming, riffs, fingerpicking, and more.
We recommend that you to play all paths to become a well balanced guitarist. Of course, you can change paths at any time, moving between them at your own pace.
We've also grouped the missions into difficulty levels:
- Level 0 is for complete beginners with no experience.
- By level 5 you have the skills to pick up lots of popular songs with chords, riffs, and melodies.
- By level 10 you are able to master most songs with barre chords, fingerpicking, and solos.
- By level 15 you are playing at a virtuoso level, able to tackle anything you want to play.
At the end of each level there is a skill test to make sure you've mastered the missions. Experienced players can take these skill tests right away to jump ahead to higher levels.