The Yousician guitar syllabus aims to cover everything a modern well-rounded guitarist needs. It can guide you step by step, but also lets you focus on what's important for you.
We've grouped the missions into paths:
- In the Lead path you play melodies and solos. It covers picking, legato, bending, speed, and more.
- In the Knowledge path you learn about musical alphabet, fretboard, keys & grooves. You also get a chance to develop your hearing with "Ear trainers".
- In the Rhythm path you play accompaniment. It covers chords, strumming, riffs, fingerpicking, and more.
We recommend that you play all paths to become a well balanced guitarist. You can of course change paths at any time, moving between them at your own pace.
We've also grouped the missions into difficulty levels:
- Level 0 is for complete beginners with no experience.
- By level 5 you have the skills to pick up lots of popular songs with chords, riffs, and melodies.
- By level 10 you are able to master most songs with barre chords, fingerpicking, and solos.
At the end of most levels you find a mission called Try to unlock level. These are Skill tests you can use to ensure you have learned the techniques taught thus far. Experienced players can take these skill tests right away to jump ahead to higher levels.