The Yousician ukulele syllabus aims to get you started on playing the ukulele. It can guide you step by step, but also lets you focus on what's important to you.
You'll move through the syllabus by completing missions. These are groups of songs, video tutorials, and drills that help you master a skill you need to know.
We've grouped the missions into paths:
- In the melodic path you'll start with playing simple melodies and then moving on to learning double stops and fingerpicking.
- In the strumming path you'll play accompaniment. You’ll learn chord shapes and strumming patterns.
We recommend you to play both paths to be well balanced between melodic and strumming skills. You can change path anytime you want, moving between them on your own pace.
We've also grouped the missions into difficulty levels:
- Level 0 is for complete beginners with no experience.
- With each level you’ll learn a bit more complicated chords and melodies.
- By level 5 you'll have the skills to pick up lots of popular songs with chords and melodies, accompany yourself and jam with others.