The Yousician ukulele syllabus aims to cover everything a modern well-rounded player needs. It can guide you step by step, but also lets you focus on what's important for you.
You'll move through the syllabus by completing missions. Missions are groups of songs, video tutorials, and drills that help you master the skill you should learn.
We've grouped the missions into paths:
- In the lead path you'll start with playing simple melodies and then moving on to learning double stops and fingerpicking.
- In the rhythm path you'll play accompaniment. You’ll learn chord shapes and strumming patterns.
We recommend that you to play all paths to become a well balanced player. Of course, you can change paths at any time, moving between them in your own pace.
We've also grouped the missions into difficulty levels:
- Level 0 is for complete beginners with no experience.
- With each level you’ll learn a bit more complicated chords and melodies.
- By level 5 you'll have the skills to pick up lots of popular songs with chords and melodies, accompany yourself and jam with others.
At the end of each level there is a skill test to make sure you've mastered the missions. Experienced players can take these skill tests right away to jump ahead to higher levels.