The Yousician ukulele syllabus aims to cover everything a modern well-rounded player needs. It can guide you step by step, but also lets you focus on what's important for you.
We've grouped the missions into paths:
- In the Lead path you start with playing simple melodies and then move on to learning double stops and fingerpicking.
- In the Rhythm path you play accompaniment. You learn chord shapes and strumming patterns.
We recommend that you play both paths to become a well balanced player. You can of course change paths at any time, moving between them at your own pace.
We've also grouped the missions into difficulty levels:
- Level 0 is for complete beginners with no experience.
- With each level you learn a bit more complicated chords and melodies.
- By level 5 you have the skills to pick up lots of popular songs with chords and melodies, accompany yourself and jam with others.
At the end of most levels you find a mission called Try to unlock level. These are Skill tests you can use to ensure you have learned the techniques taught thus far. Experienced players can take these skill tests right away to jump ahead to higher levels.