We are confident that after trying premium features for free, you will want to continue using your subscription. However, if that's not the case, here is how you can cancel your free trial. It's important that you remember to do this before the trial ends.
The cancellation process varies depending on the original method of subscription.
IMPORTANT- Uninstalling the app on your device will not cancel the free trial - you must actively cancel the subscription using the steps described.
Subscriptions purchased via iTunes
If you purchased a subscription on an Apple device under an Apple ID, Apple requires customers to cancel subscriptions through the App Store/iTunes. Please follow the steps below to cancel your free trial:
1) Go to Settings on your device, tap on your name at the top of the screen, then iTunes & App Store.
2) Tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
3) Tap View Apple ID; you may need to authenticate your Apple ID by signing in or using Touch ID.
4) Scroll down and tap Subscriptions.
5) Choose your Yousician subscription. If the subscription isn't listed, you might have signed up under a different Apple ID account. If this is the case, please sign out and sign in again with that account to check if it fixes the problem. Failing this, the free trial was most likely started directly with Yousician in which case please see the All other subscriptions section below on how to cancel it.
6) Tap cancel subscription and follow instructions to confirm cancellation.
Subscriptions purchased with a credit card or PayPal
- Open Yousician app, go to Settings --> Profile and click Edit profile. The profile page will open in your default browser.
- In the Profile page, click Edit Subscription button.
- Select Cancel Subscription on the next page.
You can also cancel your subscription following from step 2. onward by logging into your account on our website.
What happens if I cancel my free trial?
If you cancel, you will have access to the Premium account features until the end of the free trial. Please note that cancellation of a subscription is not the same as a profile deletion.